Saturday, 21 August 2010

OMI Sun Bears Sunscreen

OMI Sun Bears

I can't sleep so I think I could write a bit about this since I took a picture of it weeks ago intending to do so. This is a sunscreen I bought last summer at an Ebay shop selling japanese goods. I used it a few times back then, forgot about it, and rediscovered it last month. :D 

This works as a sunscreen and as a primer, somehow. It evens out my skintone a bit (it is not pigmented, it comes white just as any other sunscreen), lessens the appearence of pores and controls oils (and it's doing a great job at all these). This is the blue one which comes with a cooling effect - feels and smells like it's containing menthol or something similar, I think it is because it stings like when it's near the eyes. It also comes in a red version without that effect which I would prefer - why the heck did I bought the cooling one? I don't know.
So this is a great product if you need a non-greasy sunscreen with some extra benefits. It has a very liquid texture so it's quite easy to apply. It's cheap, too. I think I bought it for about 4€?

So the problem with this is, as I don't live in Japan I really don't know if they're actually still producing this. There's currently only one seller on Ebay who offers this. Google says that Sasa used to sell this, but it's out of stock now there too. On Sasa there's a product from the same brand that's called SALANOVEIL which looks different but seems to be absolutely the same from the description and reviews, so maybe it got replaced by that methinks - but I never tried it so I don't know. But I think I will buy that when I run out of this. ;A;

No comments: