Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Korres Materia Herba Moisturising Cream for Oily/Combination Skin

Korres Materia Herba

I needed a new moisturiser because the Babor Day Cream I had became too heavy for my skin - it's a good product but it just won't absorb, doesn't have a matte finish and therefore would leave my face oily. I really don't have suuuch an oily face, only in summer when it's damn hot, so it really was the cream. Whenever I wouldn't wash my face before going to bed, I had matte skin the next morning until I would use the cream after the breakfast again. ㅡㅈㅡ''
It's weird since this Babor cream is for combination skin and stated as 'mattifying'.
However~ now I was searching for a cream that would give me a lot moisture but won't make me shiny. I was lurking around some upmarket brands but decided to look after something more on the natural side and nonsilicony. I thought of Kiehl's Rare Earth Lotion but I heard that it's not good at moisturising.
Then I stumbled upon Korres Materia Herba and read stuff like:

In vivo clinical studies showed that a single application of the final product:
increases skin hydration by 65% after 2 hours (immediate moisturising effect)
the moisturising effect was maintained after 8 hours

According to in vitro efficacy tests, the synergistic combination of Betaine, Citrus Honey and Pectin enhances the normal function of AQP3 (proteins that act as a channel and provide a pathway for water through the cell membrane) so that it hydrates and regulates the osmotic balance more effectively and faster (especially in conditions of hyper-osmosis such as low humiditiy in air conditioned areas, significant shift in temperature, very high or very low temperature, UV radiance)...

I never tried something of this brand before and I couldn't find a review about the product I wanted, so I wasn't sure if I should buy it or not. But I was brave yesterday so I just placed an order at Douglas! D: It's quite expensive there, I heard it's good to buy Korres at greek Online Shops (it's a greek brand actually) where it's about 10+- € cheaper, if you live in Europe that is. However, I bought it at Douglas for 33,50€ because I needed it quick and it arrived today, yippie.

Korres Materia Herba

I like the packaging - it reminds me of the brand's homeopathic/ pharmacy background. The tube is of good quality; lid closes well, a bit hard to open but you'll get used to it, nothing's oozing out which is a big plus because I often had tubes in that style that were too generous.

The moisturiser itself comes white, quite liquid in it's texture. The smell is herbal, nothing really pleasing to me but not disturbing as it fades after 5+- minutes. It absorbs amazingly fast, so it's a bit tricky to apply - I guess I applied too much because I wasn't sure whether I already had it there or there or there...?, you can't see it once it's absorbed! ㅡㅈㅡ''
The result is a perfectly moisturised face whithout any oilyness - just what I wanted. It doesn't have a "matte, powdery finish" as known from silicone products, but I can live with that. It just leaves my skin looking bare and healthy.

I will see within the next weeks if my skin will accept this product but so far I'm loving it. I think if my skin wouldn't like it, it already would have shown because my skin's reacting quite fast... To me this product seems super soft, it's like just putting pure moisture on your skin.

It doesn't contain SPF which I like since I already have a bunch of other products that I can use if I need some. SPF is a necessary evil but I don't need it in my moisturiser since I'm often indoors and while that I want to spare my skin from SPF.

UPDATE, March 2011:
Couldn't use this in the deepest winter (January - February) because my skin got really dry due to the harsh weather + dry indoor air (heater). But started using this again now as the weather got milder and it's still awesome-o!


Pros
99,80% natural and ECOCERT approved
no harsh chemicals, no parabens
absorbs completely & fast
moisturises well
Cons
maybe a bit pricey for some?
• not moisturising enough for me while german winters

No comments: